Gibraltar has its own Healthcare Authority (GHA). Individuals residing in Gibraltar with residency status are entitled to free access to its healthcare system. UK citizens that are non-residents of Gibraltar, who are visiting and require emergency medical assistance are entitled to free healthcare treatment on production of a UK passport and the address of your short term accommodation. EU nationals who are not economically active and reside in Gibraltar under a residence permit will be covered by their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or private medical insurance.

Employees in Gibraltar will automatically pay social security contributions through their employer and therefore will be entitled to free healthcare. If you reside in Spain but work in Gibraltar you are entitled to cross border workers healthcare in both Spain and Gibraltar. You must register as a cross border worker for healthcare within 6 months of employment commencement.

Further information an application forms can be found at:

Let’s start your property journey…

Contact our dedicated team to discuss your property requirements

Online Enquiry
  • (+350) 200 40415